By: Kindred SF Homes
Reading time: 1 minute and 30 seconds
Let’s play “What’s the best block in the Richmond district.”
It’s a big swath of town and we all have our favorites. But let’s begin by defining the Richmond district as everything bounded by California, Arguello, Fulton and the Great Highway. Then let’s exclude Lake Street (and anything north of California like Sea Cliff or Presidio Terrace) as well as Lone Mountain, Jordan Park and Laurel Heights.
What’s your vote for the best blocks in the Richmond? There are so many to choose from.
Here are proposed lists of 5 finalists and 5 runners up. If anything is currently for sale on the block, we’ve included a link:
- 500 block of 10th Avenue
- 500 and 600 blocks of 48th Avenue
- 3500 through 3800 blocks of Clement (nothing active now)
- 600 and 700 blocks of 3rd Avenue and 4th Avenue
- Shoreview Avenue (nothing active now)
These locations (and many others!) deserve mention, too:
- All of 14th Avenue and Funston Avenues
- 600 blocks of 2nd and 12th Avenues (nothing active now)
- 100 and 200 blocks of Seal Rock Drive (nothing active now)
- 700 blocks of 15th and 20th Avenues (nothing active now)
- 800 block of 25th Avenue (nothing active now)
This weekend is probably not the ideal time to go touring by car around the Richmond just for fun – because traffic will be more congested than usual due to the Outside Lands music festival in Golden Gate Park. But if you have a chance in the weeks ahead or you feel like going on a walking tour this weekend, you might spend some time getting acquainted with this enchanting corner of San Francisco. There’s something wonderful waiting on every street!
Photo Credit: Jesse Dodds